I always feel awkward talking about my own talents. Ask me to describe a talent someone else has and I am all over it. But I don't like to toot my own horn and I usually don't like to broadcast the things I excel at. There are a few reasons for this...one reason is that as soon as people know that you can/love to do what it is you do then there is a higher expectation for you and that scares me. Just because I can do something doesn't mean that I am amazing at it or even remotely good at it. There are a few things however that I think I am able to accomplish above average results in. They are a very few things and only a teeny tiny bit above average! For real.
I love to sing. Music makes me happy and fills my heart with joy. I love to sing to Maitland because he thinks I am funny when I sing and he pretty much giggles his little head off and I love that. I never used to sing alone. I always had to have a group to sing with but over the last 10 years or so I have gotten more and more comfortable with singing solo. I cannot stop myself from singing a gorgeous harmony line though. Voices working together to create such glorious sound is the best ever!
I love to quilt. I know it is kind of lame. But I love cutting the fabric up into all the different pieces and then putting it all back together again to make a beautiful pattern and create something that will last for a very long time. I am trying to learn new skills all the time and getting better at it as I have more time to put into it.
I am a champion procrastinator. I don't know if this counts as a talent or not but I can leave things to the very last minute and still get them done with decent results. I don't think this is a good thing and I really do try most of the time to not procrastinate but really, if we don't use our talents then we lose them so I better keep working on this one!
Kristi! You are amazing! I wish I could whip up that owl quilt you made! You are a very talented woman! Keep it up.
ReplyDelete