Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Five things that freak me out!

So today's challenge is to write about 5 funny fears.  I don't particularly think that anything that scares me is funny...a little irrational perhaps but not funny.  Anyways, here goes.  I can't even add pictures to this post because I don't want to have to look up all these freaky things so just use your imagination!!

1.  Spiders ~ Any size any time.  I hate them and they freak me out.  Ask Kent and Adrienne Toone and they can tell you a few spider stories from when I was staying at their place for awhile.  I do remember one day while I was at my Mom's and I was in the bathroom blow drying and doing my hair and when I turned around to leave the bathroom there was a ginormous spider on the wall beside the door.  I couldn't move.  What if the spider jumped at me? Or tried to bite my face off? Seriously...I was so scared!  My heart was racing and my hands were sweaty.  I finally decided that I was going to take control (after 10 minutes of standing petrified beside the toilet).  I grabbed my Mom's aerosol hairspray and sort of moved towards the spider.  I finally got as close as I could handle and started spraying.  The spider scurried down the wall trying to get away from the spray and I just kept spraying until finally it was on the floor and I could step on it and squish it.  This was a huge thing for me because usually I can't step on them either.  Good thing I already had my shoes on.  I have tried really hard to not freak out about spiders anymore because I am home a lot by myself and I can't wait for Matt to get home all the time...I'm still scared though.  Huge wimp.

2. Snakes ~ Why do these even exist?  I can't even watch a movie with them in it without covering my eyes.  Harry Potter for instance in the last 2 films especially there is a lot of snake going on.  I always look away at the parts with the snake and make sure it's over before I look back.  Matt thinks this is funny.  I do not.

3.  Parking lots ~ This is super lame.  I really do get scared though when I am walking from a mall or whatever towards my car.  I just think that someone is either going to jump me or drive up and pull me into a white van and abduct me.  I know it's not really going to happen but it goes through my mind almost every time I have to walk to my car.  I try not to go shopping when it's going to be dark out.  Silly, I know.

4. Mice ~ Gross!!!!  They just make my skin crawl.  I am afraid of them if I see them alive or dead.  Doesn't matter.  When I worked at the Mall in Lethbridge one of our store locations had a mouse issue.  I had to force myself to go to work everyday knowing there would likely be a trap waiting to be emptied when I got there.  Nikki and I were working one day and this guy from GNC across the hall came into the store and said that he just saw a huge mouse run into our store from out in the hallway.  I about fainted!  I was 6 months pregnant and was worried that my elevated heart rate was going to put me into labor right then.  Nikki got down on all fours and started looking under the shelves and must of scared the mouse because it all of a sudden came running out from under the shelves and ran along the wall of the store and back out into the hall.  I screamed when I saw it and Nikki screamed and we both almost cried...almost.  It was intense.  But we survived and now we laugh about it all the time.  Such fun memories.

5. The Dark ~ I hate sleeping with lights of any kind on.  I can't even handle an alarm clock glowing.  Drives me nuts.  But what I hate more is waking up in the pitch dark and "hearing" something that shouldn't be there.  Then I'm freaked out and have to try and talk myself down from my fear.  This one time when I was going to college in Lethbridge I lived in this little house by the hospital with a bunch of girls and I was the only one home on a long weekend because I had to work.  I got home and thought it was a little creepy to be home alone but whatever.  So I got ready for bed and read for a while and then turned off my light and went to sleep.  The next thing I know I am wide awake and my heart is racing because I just heard a huge "BANG" from the bathroom.  I was sure that someone had broken in through the bathroom window and i was about to meet my maker.  So instead of going to check it out I covered my head under my blankets and pretended nothing was wrong.  Eventually I did fall back asleep.  When I woke up the next morning I tiptoed out into the house and was surprised to see all of our stuff was still there.  So I went into the bathroom to check out the window and I found my razor on the bottom of the tub.  It was one of those suction cup holder things and it came off the wall in the night and dropped my rather large razor onto the tub which made the huge noise!  I really wonder how our brains function sometimes!

So now that you know the things that "freak" me out I hope you are all kind and don't try to use these things as weapons against me!  I am sorry for anything I may have ever done to any of you out there that you feel requires retaliation.  Please be forgive me and let it go. 

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HAH A, I love it. YOu have such an overactive imagination (kinda like me). So many nights I lay in bed too terrified to go check out what some crazy noise was. I don't let myself watch ANYTHING scary on t.v.... or the news. it helps.

    ReplyDelete