Day #2: A Favorite Movie
Oh geez! Okay seriously...I don't know how I am going to pick just one. I have a serious addiction to movies and being married to my most amazing husband doesn't help either! He buys just as many as I do! I'll share my favorites from different genres...how's that? If you don't want to read on I won't be offended.
Romantic Comedy: By far my most favorite has to be Never Been Kissed.
I was not as big a geek in high school as Josie (at least I don't think I was) but I can definitely identify with her need to fit in with the popular crowd, having siblings in the same school that were way more popular than you ever were and wanting to be asked out by that one special boy. It also doesn't hurt one bit that I think Michael Vartan is completely sexy (sorry Matt...I still love you!). Here's the trailer for the movie just in case you've never seen it!
Drama: Absolutely must be Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
I'm not a snob about it either. I like both the BBC full length version (enter Mr. Colin Firth in all his British glory) and the condensed feature film version from 2007 with Keira Knightly playing Elizabeth Bennett. I love the story, the era, the family and all the mishaps that arise along the way. If you haven't seen it...shame on you! Here's the trailer for the newest version...enjoy!
Comedy: I'm too embarrassed and ashamed to list my real favorite so I'll go with my second... Dumb and Dumber.
I know. Judge me. But I love it. It's a classic and it never gets old to watch it. I laugh every time and it makes me happy. Here's the trailer for it...just in case you've never seen it and you're curious as to what could be so dumb about it!
Horror: I'm really not a fan of these movies at all but if I have to watch one "The Sixth Sense" is my choice.
I have terrible nightmares if the movie is too realistic. So this one is a good compromise. I won't say much about it because if you haven't seen it already I don't want to ruin it for you. Here's the trailer:
Animated: I have two favorites: The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. I love them both. And I am sure you have all seen them.
Fantasy: I have to go with the LOTR Trilogy for this one. I loved the books and I think the movies are all spectacular.
Here's the trailer for those of you that live under a rock.
I'm sorry but I just can't stop now that you've gotten me thinking about it! A few of my other favorites include Notting Hill, The Cure, My Best Friends Wedding, Sense and Sensibility and How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days. I think that's enough for now. Don't you? lol







Sounds like we need to be movie buddies :) Almost all my favs too! Now I really want to watch my 3 versions of P and P and LOTR!
ReplyDeletetoo fun I am excited to get to know you better. :)
ReplyDelete