Friday, May 11, 2012

Things you might not care about...

I have been struggling lately to know what to write about.  I really liked the 30 day challenge I did in November because it gave my blog a focus and got me off the hook of trying to think of new things to write about.  Well I found this list of questions from O magazine and I am going to answer one or two or three a post to help me out and hopefully not make my blog so lame! ;)  Here is the list of questions and I'll get right to it.

  • Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
  • What type of pets do you have?
  • What is your favorite color?
  • What is most memorable about your high school years?
  • What word describes you best?
  • What is your greatest accomplishment?
  • What drives you every day?
  • What is your favorite food?
  • Where do you want to retire?
  • What is your business goal this year?
  • Where do you like to vacation?
  • Who do you admire?
  • What is your mission?
  • If you were invisible, where would you go?
  • What traits in others are you attracted to?
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
  • How do you want to be remembered?
  • What would you do with a million dollars?
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
Please don't judge me but I was super star crazy as a kid and had some almost stalkerish crushes on some celebs! Not that I could stalk anyone from Orton AB but I would read every magazine and watch every movie and dream that I was a part of their glamorous lives! haha  I had two serious celebrity likes as a kid.  One was Keanu Reeves (Cool Breeze Over the Mountain as I learned his name meant from Teen Beat magazine! Gag!!  Who remembers that kind of crap!!)  I honestly watched Speed about a 100 times over Christmas break the year it came out on video.  I can't say why I loved him so much because I watch some of the movies of that era that he was in now and can hardly stand to finish them.  But man I thought he was cute stuff!!  
 Keanu Reeves speed
He is cute right?  It wasn't just me that thought that back in the day?!?
The other crush I had was on Mike Vitar from the movie "The Sandlot".  I was in love with him!!  I mean who wouldn't love this face as a 14 year old girl?  
I will confess that I even carried a picture of him from one of the magazines with me into my Grade 9 Science final exam for good luck...and then when I realized that I had forgotten it in my textbook I talked the teacher into letting me into the school after we had been let out for the summer just so that I could go through all the text books and find it!  I was such a loser!!  But I did find the picture! :)  (I actually still have it...don't tell Matt).  Anyways...I just really loved this kid for no real reason other than I thought he was the hottest guy I had ever seen.  End of story.  

Next question is what type of pet do I have.  None.  Never ever will I have one or will my children have on either.  You may think me evil or mean but I just have no love for pets and if I am really spilling my guts here most, if not all, pets make me nervous or outright scared.  So I won't be having them at my house.  Sorry kids and Matt.  

I guess that's about it for tonight.  I will continue next time I get a minute to sit down and hope that Maitland will let me type for a few minutes.  Speaking of the cutest boy on earth...here is his smiling face!!

2 comments:

  1. ahh Benjamin the Jett Rodriguez, I loved him and yaya probably watched the sandlot over 100 times in my life just to see those insanely hot boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I laughed so hard reading your kid crushes! AHHH the good ole' days... that brought back a lot of great memories, and yes I remember the drama of leaving the picture in your science book! Good times, good times....

    ReplyDelete