Monday, May 14, 2012

The Best Job!!

There is a blog that I read on a regular basis.  This woman amazes me and I am in awe of her.  Her blog is called 71 toes and can be found at www.71toes.com if anyone is interested in checking it out.  This morning I was reading her mother's day post and came across this video...



As I watched I couldn't help but get emotional as I thought about all of the amazing things that my Mom has done for me and my siblings and how hard she had to work to be able to give us everything we wanted.  I also realized that there is so much more in store for me as a Mom. 

I mean just over a year ago I was at this point. 

I had a brand spanking new baby boy! 

And now 14 months later I have this...

Things sure have changed over the past year and they are only going to get crazier and more adventurous! As I sat snuggling with Maitland while he napped on Sunday afternoon I couldn't help but tear up as I thought about the moments that were slipping away and how my baby boy was growing up so fast and changing so quickly!  I love seeing all the things he is learning and saying and how he can almost walk now without looking drunk! :) But most of all I am excited (and a little scared) to see how he reacts to this...


That's right!  We are going to welcome another baby into our little family sometime in November.  We are so excited and can hardly wait for Maitland to have a sibling and for our family to grow!  I can't say that I have loved every minute of being a Mom so far but what I can say is that there is nothing else in the world that I would rather be doing.  I love being a Mom to my sweet little boy and getting to see his smiling face all day long.  I look forward to the challenges and love the moments of snuggles and hugs and slobbery kisses. 

I am so blessed to be a Mom and to have been given so much.  I am looking forward to having a new addition to our family and to see the changes and transitions to come.  I can see the grey hair coming in already ;)  

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to find out what you are having, so excited for you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi! I loved this! That movie made me tear up! It was beautiful. Congrats! Yes I love your mom to! Definitatly a favorite Aunt! And your a definiate favorite cousin! thanks for being such a great example.

    ReplyDelete