I wrote a while back that my niece Dakota was graduating from high school and going to school at UofA in Edmonton in the fall. My Mom and I decided that we would give her a quilt as her gift.
Dakota was so excited, which kind of surprised me but she was so stoked!
So we went to Lethbridge together and she picked out her colors and fabrics.
I was leery of her choices and not quite sure how it was all going to turn out...
but in the end she had great taste and it all worked out perfectly!!
Here are the pics of the finished product. I didn't get any of the process this time because I was sewing at such random times around Maitland's naps and when I had help at home to keep him away from the machine and the iron. Anyways, here you go!
Here's the finished quilt all bound and ready to snuggle in! :)
It ended up being almost a king size...opps!
Here's Dakota peeking out from behind the masterpiece.
The lady who did the machine quilting for us did an awesome job
and even put Dakota's name into the design.
So fun! I love it!
This is a picture of the back so you can see the quilting and binding a little better.
I also made pillows to match for her to finish off the look for her bedroom.
This "pucker" pillow is my favorite! My Mom did the puckers and it turned out great!
I want to make it again with plain fabric, maybe linen to show off the puckers more.
This is the picture Dakota sent me of the quilt and pillows all set up in her room.
I think maybe I should of taught her how to make a bed...
or at least how to fake it for presentations sake! :)
It was a fun quilt to make and came together quite easily. I sure hope Dakota loves it and will think of Nanny and I every time she snuggles up under it for years to come.
Love you kid! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment