Sunday, July 22, 2012

What Matters Most... Part Two!

After all of the fun on Thursday I didn't know how we were going to out do that fro Friday.
But we tried! :)

We started off meeting in Waterton and going hiking to Bertha Falls.  It's a nice simple hike that even the little kids could do and my SIL Brittany did it 2 days before having their 4th baby! :)

We had lunch at one of the camp kitchens by the lake and then split up and did a bunch of different activities.  Some went shopping other to Cameron Lake and other rented the pedal bike or scooter.

Matt and I and some of the cousins ended up at the spray park they have and it was hilarious to watch the kids run through the freezing glacier water!  Maitland loved it and just kept going back for more!  Of course no trip to Waterton is complete without stopping for Ice Cream!  So most of us did that too.  We then headed to my grandparents ranch near Cardston to have a wiener roast for dinner and more games.

We had a great time sitting around the fire until the rain decided to join in the fun...it only lasted for a few minutes and then we were good to go again.  We finished dinner and then had a pinata for the kids to whack apart.  As always anything with candy was a "hit"...lame joke...sorry.  After that the rain really did start again and for quite some time so most people packed up and headed home.  Those staying at the ranch and few others went up to the house to visit for a bit and got to see a beautiful double rainbow stretch all the over the ranch.  It was the perfect end to a great day.

Saturday had us all back in Cardston for the 50th Anniversary party.  It was great to be able to celebrate my grandparents and all that they have done for all of our family.  They are such great people and deserve a party in their honor! :)  We all got a little silly with the program and had lots of fun laughing at/with each other.  We also presented my grandparents with a family tree that we had made and framed of all of their posterity.  It turned out beautifully and I was thrilled with the end result.

That was the end of the reunion...and I was sad to have it end.  I love my family and really do believe that it matters most. I am a firm believer that time spent with family is never time wasted.  I hope that everyone had a good time and was able to feel the love we have for them by all of the work we put into planning and putting on the reunion.  I am so thankful that everyone took the time out of their lives to come and participate.  It was great and well worth all of the time and effort!!  I love you all and can't wait until we get to do this again...except someone else gets to do the planning! ;)

Waterton when we arrived in the morning...I love this place! :)

Sadie and Emalia hiking to Bertha Falls.

My cousin Jordan caught one of the gophers that were hanging around the camp kitchen!
Crazy kid!! That baseball mitt was not clean after the fact... yuck!

 
Teyah, Liisa, Chase, Cole and Kyle riding one of the bikes.

 
Maitland stunned at how cold the water was at the spray park...but he went back or more!

 
Teyah and Emalia running through the water rainbow.

 
Wiener roast at the ranch camp spot.  

 
Pinata fun!

 Katelyn the family photographer...I stole most of these pictures off of her facebook...
THANKS KATELYN!!!!

Double rainbow at the ranch after the reunion!

 Our families contribution to the program at the 50th wedding party.
Grandpa Hartley had a ranch e-i-e-i-o... it was kind of lame! haha

 This is a copy of the family tree we commissioned.  It might be my favorite thing ever.  I love it.




1 comment:

  1. Great job Kristi! It looks like it was a lot of fun. I'm sure everyone appreciated all the planning and work put into it. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete