Friday, October 28, 2011

I do actually finish a thing or two...once in a while!

My cousin Katelyn emailed me a couple pictures awhile back and i thought I should share them with you just to prove that I can get the odd task finished...it's not often that this occurs but every once in a blue moon I do finish what I start.  Here's a picture of the project...



This is a quilt that I made for my cousin Chris and his wife Echo.  I think it turned out beautifully and was so happy with it.  I had the "Quilting Grandma's" in Fort Macleod and my Mom help to hand quilt it.  So much fun!  I even finished the quilt on Wednesday when the wedding wasn't until Friday!  Pretty good eh! lol 

Now onto other things...Grandpa's book is finished pretty much too!!  Just waiting for a few edits to be done and then a quote from the printer and we're off to the races!  Feels good to have accomplished that task as well.  Maitland's pictures are the next thing on my list...mostly because I want to see if the pinterest link I got the idea from really is awesome and to prove to Matt that I am not just wasting my time looking on pinterest.  I actually get ideas and make things to add to our home.  I just gotta get to the making and adding part! :)  That will have to happen next week as I am off to Youth Conference in Edmonton this afternoon.  Wish me luck with that!  I haven't stayed up past 10 in a very very very long time and I have to help chaperone the dance tonight!  Good times ahead I am sure.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, nice quilt! Your grandpa's book sounds like a huge job done too...look at you go! LOL
    Good luck with the dance tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome quilt... I WANT IT! Have fun at the conference this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt. You are so talented! But I've always known that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the quilt, love the colors. I wish I had a sewing talent, be very grateful.

    ReplyDelete