So this past week Maitland and I made the big trek south again. We got to Lethbridge on Tuesday afternoon just in time for a lovely dentist appointment. I dislike going to the dentist but really like our dentist in Lethbridge. Does that even make sense? Anyways, I found out I had a small cavity that was making life difficult for me and made an appointment to get it filled on Thursday before the wedding. On Tuesday night I hosted a bridal shower for my best friend Amanda, who was getting married on Friday. It was a lot of fun and she got some pretty interesting gifts. Wink wink! : )
Wednesday Maitland, Mom and I drove to Cardston to the ranch to visit with my Grandparents. I have been working on compiling my grandpa's personal history and we are working to get it ready to print before Christmas. I have found it very interesting to read all of the stories and experiences that my grandparents have endured. We are a very blessed generation to have what we have and the conveniences of modern living! Anyways, it was a good visit and grandpa made Mom and I both try out the new chair lift that was installed to help Grandma up and down the stairs.
After we got back from Cardston I went over to my sister's place where she was having a "shoe party". There is a home party business where they order a ton of shoes at a serious discount (up to 75% off retail) and then sell them at these parties. It's kind of hilarious to see some of the styles, total 1980's retro, super skinny stilettos, knee high boots and even some sensible flats! It was fun and I even found some boots that fit!
Thursday was spent at the dentist getting my teeth fixed and then decorating for Amanda's wedding. It was a fun day and everything turned out beautifully. When the decorating was done we went for dessert at the Cheesecake Cafe to celebrate Amanda's last night as a single lady. It was delicious and we had a great time visiting.
Friday was the crazy day!! I couldn't find anyone who was available to watch Maitland for my hair appointment so I had to take him with me. He was soooooooo good! He played in this little pink excersauser for pretty much the entire thing.
Erin and Teyah watched him in Raymond while I went to Cardston to the Temple. It was raining the entire way there and I really just wanted it to stop for Amanda and Blaine. The ceremony was beautiful and made me miss Matt so much. I am so grateful that I have been married to my best friend and the love of my life for eternity. It just wish Matt had been there to share the moment with me. Anyways, Amanda and Blaine took the plunge and were sealed that afternoon. After the ceremony I was almost sure that the rain would of stopped by the time we got out of the temple...no such luck. In fact, I think it was raining even harder than before. Sad. We were able to get a few pictures but mostly it was too wet and cold to stay out for very long. So we headed back to Lethbridge for the reception. I picked Maitland and Teyah up on my way and dropped them off with Mike and Britt to take to Fort Macleod (didn't think either of them would enjoy sitting at a reception all night). The reception went really well and they had a huge turn out which was great!
And I got to see my favorite people, the Toone's, which always makes me happy! I also got to visit with our other bestest friends Trev and Whit. I was just sad I didn't get in more time to chat but duty called! I promise next time I come Whit we will make time to hang out!! Anyways, after the reception was over and we had done all of the clean-up it was off to find my baby boy. Of course he was asleep by the time I got there. It was a great day. Nothing makes me happier than to see someone I love so much (Amanda) find true happiness. It was so fun to be a part of their special day.
Saturday was turkey day for my family! Yeah! I think thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. The food is just divine and it much less work and stress than Christmas. We had a perfect dinner at Liisa and Corey's place. All of the kids got along (young and old) and we got to start the planning for our family reunion that is coming up next summer. I learned a new card game that I hope I can remember because it's hilarious and crazy and tons of fun! It was a good day with the family. Fun to see everyone and catch up.
Sunday was driving day. Boo. I hate that drive now. It annoys me. But we made it home in record time and got here just in time to enjoy turkey day #2 with Matt's family. It was delicious also and really hit the spot after being in the car all day. Grandma Jane and Papa brought Halloween jammies for the kids so we got them all changed and took some pics.
So cute. Thank you!! We finally got to come home and just relax last night. It was nice to cuddle with Maitland and Matt and be together as a family. I have much to be grateful for and never want to take anything for granted. I hope everyone had/has a great Thanksgiving and that yours is a little more relaxing and less hectic than mine was!







No comments:
Post a Comment