Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Life's full of surprises

So my niece Dakota graduated from High School last week.  My Mom and I are working on getting a quilt made for her to take to school with her when she heads off to the UofA in September.  Dakota came out to Macleod for a few days to help me with Maitland so that I can sew during the day and hopefully get the quilt all finished.  That was the plan for today except for a small mishap that got in the way of my sewing time...  

I feel really bad for Dakota.  Poor girl had to bring a bleeding and crying boy home to his Momma.  Maitland was over at my sisters playing and slipped going up her stairs into the kitchen and bit right through his bottom lip.  :(  Such a sad little face greeted me at the door when Dakota brought him back home.  We decided we better go get him checked at the ER to make sure he didn't need stitches or anything.  

 Here's my sweet boy with a fat lip and a blood covered Dakota at the ER.

He really didn't care that we were there and only cried when I had to hold him down so the Dr. could clean the wound and check to see if stitches were required.

I look terrible!  But Maitland is as cute as ever!!  
I wasn't planning on leaving the house at all today...that'll teach me!

Anyways, the Dr said that no stitches were necessary and gave us some antibiotics just in case of infection.

We survived our first ER visit that involved blood!!  
Let's hope that I don't have to deal with more crazy injuries in the future.

And don't worry Dakota we still trust you to babysit...are you busy Friday?!?! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I am glad it wasn't more serious. And Kristi, you look fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad :( I am glad it turned out pretty minor though. It is so hard to see our babies hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been tagged! http://clearly-kate.blogspot.ca/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete