When we moved north to Kitscoty the last thing I thought about was a Dr. Since being here it has become a constant thought for this Mommy who has had a very sick little boy on several occasions. It's been almost a year and we were still without a family Dr and we would drive to Lethbridge anytime Maitland needed something. That got old fast! So when I started calling around again yesterday looking for a Dr I was repeatedly turned down by office after office and getting very discouraged and depressed. I have really loved living up here. Our Branch here is awesome, I've met and made some amazing friends, Matt has a good job and we have no doctor. It was the one ginormous negative about living up here. Until today!! My good friend Kalinda was telling me about a new Dr that had moved into Vermilion and that she may be taking patients. So this morning I decided that it can't hurt to try one more Dr. Well it worked!!! We got in to see a new female family physician and I couldn't be more relieved! Just the peace of mind it brings to know that if something comes up there is someone to help and no more waiting for walk-in clinics for hours on end or having only the emergency room to turn to.
I honestly believe that as Matt and I have been working really hard at paying our tithing and being committed to doing what's right that our lives and slowly starting to get better and better. We have received a few immediate tithing blessings!
Here is one: A week or so ago Matt and I decided it was time to get our taxes done and so we went to H&R Block. We got in right away and had the appointment all done in less than an hour. Matt was getting a nice little return and I had to pay. Pay!! I didn't even work last year! Apparently the government was punishing me for having a baby and getting maternity leave. Anyways, Matt had taken Maitland out to the car because he was getting restless and I paid for the taxes prep and waited for our cash back. We didn't get cash back. I was so sad!! I was sure that we could have our money right then and we had big plans for it! When the lady told me that we couldn't do cash back I was really angry but what could I do then? I had already paid for the service of tax prep and was now stuck waiting on the government. I went out to the car empty handed and depressed. Matt was bummed too and so we drove home in silence. We were really hoping to get a large amount of our debt paid off that day and we were pumped to make it happen. That was not the case. There is a silver lining to this story. The next day the tax lady called. She had made an error on my taxes and I didn't have to pay anything and in fact I had overpaid and was getting a refund as well! Seriously!! I guess I'll take back my prayer of spite and evil doings for that tax lady because she fixed her mistake and is getting me money. I chalk it all up to paying tithing. I think it's paying off! :)
great story, you'll kids will be proud! tithing stories rock.
ReplyDelete