Friday, January 6, 2012

On the road again...

So we are on our way back to Kitscoty. Literally.  I am sitting in the back seat and typing this post as Matt drives us ever closer to home.  I am starting to hate the drive back and forth to Lethbridge more and more every time we make the trip.  I thought maybe it would get better the more we drove it but I think now that I am aware of exactly where we are and how far it is to our destination it makes it feel even longer. 

There are a few positive notes about going home. 
  1. Maitland got in to see Dr. Stewart on Wednesday and was sent for a chest x-ray and a full blood work up.  All of the tests and the x-ray came back normal.  Which is such a relief and gives me some peace of mind.  So glad that my little boy finally has an action plan to get him back on his feet and hopefully banish this crazy cough/wheeze that he's had for months.  So grateful to Dr. Stewart for squeezing us in on short notice and taking all the steps necessary to make sure Maitland is okay.  We are very lucky to have a Dr. that will do all of these things for us even though we do not live in Lethbridge anymore.  Definitely a tender mercy of the Lord.
  2. We got to visit family.  I had a really hard time this year with Christmas.  Even more so than normal. I am not a fan of Christmas in general and it made it even less enjoyable to be away from my family and have to miss out on all of the get togethers and traditions that we have.  I honestly was sad that I missed the Fort Macleod Santa Claus parade.  That is the first year in my life I haven't been there.  Even though the parade is nothing to write home about (hahaha) I missed it anyways.  I also missed getting together with my crazy loud out of control family and playing games and eating until my pants don't fit anymore.  We had a nice time in Kitscoty with Matt's sister's family and his parents but it's just not the same as being home with my own family.
  3. Getting to see friends.  I have such a hard time with this one.  There are so many people that I love and would love to see each and every time we come home but there just never seems to be enough time.  We were able to go out for lunch with my friend Kate and her husband Johnny on Wednesday and it was so fun!  I love getting caught up and spending time with the people I love.  I just wish there was the opportunity for more of it when we are around.  Sorry to all those that we missed!  If you want dibs on the "friend" slot of my trip next time feel free to comment on this post and we'll make a date! :)
There were a few negative notes as well! lol No trip is complete without a mishap or two right?
  1. Matt and I have been looking at selling one or both of our vehicles and getting something newer and bigger to haul all of our junk around when we go anywhere.  Matt has been a kijiji junky the last few months and when we decided to head south he looked to see if there was anything interesting.  We found what sounded like the perfect vehicle on the National carlot and thought we should go and take a look.  We got to the lot and asked to see the equinox they had.  As soon as they opened the back door I knew it was not the car for me.  It was dirty and smelled like smoke.  It was horrible.  Matt decided to take it for a test drive anyways to see if it was still worth buying.  We had only been out on the drive for maybe 10 minutes when the engine light came on and then the heat gauge went all the way to hot.  The car was not responding at all and we barely chugged out way back to the dealership to return the car.  Not a good showing.  we were really disappointed.  So needless to say we are still on the hunt for the "Perfect" new (used) car.  
  2. The only other negative and it's a small one is that we went to Old Navy to get Maitland a winter coat for next year because they were having a 75% off sale on their outer wear.  Sweet deal we thought.   So we went and picked out the coat and snow pants that we wanted and went up to the till,.  Of course we chose the only set that was not included in the sale.  Boo on Old Navy.  So we didn't get him a coat.  Oh well. 
Moving on.  Well we are still driving and I am hating this even more.  Grrrrrr.  I love you all back home so much though that I will sacrifice and make the trip as often as Matt, time and money will allow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment