Saturday, January 21, 2012

Family Motto

I have been thinking lately about all the "things" I could and maybe should be doing to make my life and the life of my family better this year.  I was reading some random blogs the other day and came across one that had to do with a family motto.  I think I might try this and just see where it goes.  It can't hurt to have a constant reminder to behave more inline with words such as love, respect, joy, serve, and happiness.  I actually did a search on pinterest for "family motto" and there are some amazing options!  Here are some of my favorites!

I love this one.  If I had a house of my own and knew I wouldn't have to rip the vinyl off the wall I would get this for sure.  It's all the things that a family should be.

These are all things that I want my kids to learn.  I really hope that as a parent I can teach my kids to be champions for each other and support and lift each other up instead of trying to out do one another... 
wish me luck! 

I also love this saying because it speaks to embracing your individuality and how our own choices will shape who we become but no matter where we end up we will always have family to come home to.

This is a personal motto that I am trying to embody.  Trying to be satisfied with where I am in life and focus on the present instead of always trying to look ahead see what I'm missing.

When I read this one I immediately thought of Elizabeth from my ward.  She is the sweetest, kindest and most thoughtful teenager I have ever known.  I have the opportunity to spend time with her in YW's and I am always amazed at this sweet young woman.  She truly does live this way and it shows.  I don;t think people would immediately associate myself with this saying...perhaps I should work on changing that.
This goes right along with my motto "Fake it til you make it".  I have often wanted to do something amazing and realize halfway through that I either have no idea what I'm doing or am missing a very important part of the project.  Just go with it!  It might not turn out amazing in the end...but at least I tried right?!?!

Now that's a motto!!  This one I think I can actually do...at least the playing part!

I like this one to remind us to serve others and not be so focused only on ourselves.

So you see...there are so many options and I am having a hard time deciding which one to use as our family motto for 2012.  I want to get "crafty" and make a large wall hanging for the dining room so that I will be reminded everyday of what I am aiming for.  
 
Which one do you think is the best?


2 comments:

  1. I think the first is best as well! I have seen it before and contemplated doing it for my house too. Let me know if you want some vinyl :) I can't wait to have my new craft room up and running!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them all too my fav though is the be so happy. you should read stephen. r. covey's 7 habits of highly effective families it talks all about family mottos.

    ReplyDelete