Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sweet deals!

Matt has had the past few days off of work and we have been going in a million directions.  On Saturday we went into Edmonton to get our Temple recommends renewed and hit a Costco.  Good thing some missionaries were at the Stake Center when we got there because Matt and I had no idea where the Stake offices were and got pretty lost looking for them! lol  Once the business of the day was done we were on our way to some fun!  We hit West Edmonton Mall and I felt liked we walked the entire thing but Matt says it was only a quarter of the mall.  Mickey Mouse was there too!  He must of heard we were coming.  After all that walking we were starving so we hit up the Olive Garden.  I wanted it to be amazing...it wasn't.  I mean don't get me wrong the soup and bread sticks were delicious.  The pasta was a let down.  I think next time we should try Red Robin.  Maybe we should go right now...do you think Matt would be up for that?!?!   Nope.  We did finally make it to Costco and it was a zoo.  They really need to get one in Lloyd so that we don't have to deal with the insanity of the Edmonton ones.


Sunday was just another day...just kidding!  I taught YW's and the lesson was all about marriage.  Such an interesting topic to discuss with high school kids.  The girls were more than surprised that I was 29 when I got married and they totally didn't believe me that I am currently 31.  I can't believe it myself sometimes but the time has rolled on.  If you ever want to have an interesting conversation then go get yourself a teenager and talk about marriage.  Your in for a good time!  The girl who said the closing prayer even thanked Heavenly Father for a funny teacher...is that a good thing or a bad thing?  Sometimes I'm not quite sure.

After church I decided it was time to put my new pinterest obsession to good use and I made a new recipe.  I tried the peanut butter chocolate trifle.  It was quite the process to get it all put together.  We invited our friends Mark and Kalinda over to try it with us.  I think they lied when they said it was good...but whatever! It needed some work to say the least. The peanut butter layer was way to rich and sweet and I couldn't handle eating it all.  I think if I ever make it again I'll have to fix that mistake and make the layers more thin instead of getting it all in a single layer.

Monday brought a whole new set of tasks to complete.  We had gotten a call that our roof was going to be re shingled so we got up nice and early to get the cars moved out of the way and all that.  Then I got to work cooking again.  One of the sisters I visit teach had a baby last week so we were going to visit her and take dinner.  I made a lasagna and chocolate chip cookies to take to her.  My poor kitchen was an absolute disaster after the trifle and the lasagna and cookies!  I have the most amazing husband who did all the dishes to help me out while I was visiting teaching.  When we were at the first sisters house (they had just bought their first house) she told me about the deal they got on a dining room table.  It was only 98 bucks at the Brick! I couldn't believe it.  So when we were done with all our visits Matt met me in town and I suggested that we go and see if they still had some of these tables.  We were in luck because they did!!  You can't go wrong saving $500! Now all we need are some chairs.  I think that is on my list of things to do today.  We'll see what we can find in Lloyd.  I just have to say that Visiting Teaching has never been a favorite activity of mine. I have an amazing companion right now and we have a great time visiting with our sisters.  It makes it so much more enjoyable!  And getting tips on good deals around town never hurts either!  Blessings really do come to us when we do what we are supposed to be doing.  I love the Lloydminster Branch and all of the amazing people that are apart of it.  We are certainly blessed to be members of the Church and even more blessed to have found such a welcoming and friendly branch to move into. 

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow you guys have been busy!! Great deal on the table! We need one really bad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy to have you here! We can always use more funny people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooo first of we really did like the triffle. It was rich and I could definitely not have a huge bowl of it but it was delicious. Next I think I have the best Visiting Teaching companion ever;) third that is so awesome you got a table I can't wait to see it set up and fourth good post and have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay i think maybe it was olive garden that day. I have NEVER had bad food there before and that day the pasta we got was really bad. of course breadsticks and salad were delish but past was awful. and that trifle looks yummy! :) haha I so remember being a YW and "marriage" lessons. I was probably one of those YW that it was funny to talk about with .ahha

    ReplyDelete