Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Forget Me Not


This week I have spent a lot of time thinking about Pres. Uchtdorf's talk from the RS Broadcast.  I will be completely honest and say that the previous messages of the evening left me underwhelmed and bored.  But when Pres. Uchtdorf began to speak I listened.  I loved the symbolism of the small forget-me-not flower and ourselves.  I have often felt forgotten and alone.  When Matt and I moved up to Lloydminster I made a decision that I was going to try my best to get involved and be a "doer" in our new ward.  In previous wards that we had attended I constantly felt like a visitor and not a member of that unit.  I always felt like I was on the outside and I hated that.  Many of you that know me know that I love to make friends and am a very social person.  So when we were not readily accepted into our previous wards I really took this to heart and found it very difficult to fit in.  One of the biggest blessings I have experienced since moving is the branch here.  I have been constantly amazed at the immediate friendships I have made and the instant acceptance into the lives of the members here.  We have amazing new friends and I am constantly thanking my Father in Heaven for this blessing.  As a new mom I have had a bit of an identity crisis over the past couple months and this talk from Pres. Uchtdorf really hit home for me.  It really helped me to focus on the things that matter most and to be satisfied with who I am and where I am in life.   
When we moved I also decided that I was going to make a conscious effort to be happy.  I really do feel that it's a choice that we make each day and I was really going to make the choice to be happy.  Pres. Uchtdorf talked about our "golden ticket" and the checklist of items we think we need to attain before we can be happy.  My checklist used to be a little different than it is now but I have come to realize that the things that matter most are the things I already have.  I have a loving and devoted husband and a precious and sweet little boy and I have the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I think that qualifies me to be happy.  I admit that I have my moments (usually daily) and I forget this pep talk that I gave to myself...but for the most part I remember that right now I really do have everything I've ever wanted in life and to count my blessings.  I hope this clip from his talk let's you feel the spirit and love of our Heavenly Father.  I know I did.  I love this gospel and am grateful for not being forgotten.  A blessing I am reminded of each day.

6 comments:

  1. I love you Kristi! You are an amazing woman. Don't ever forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kristi! That was such a great talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you here! I need to listen to his talk again. I was busy dealing with baby and so tired from lack of sleep that I didn't take much in. I could tell it was a good one though and that I would have to read it later to receive the inspiration. I've been having a hard time since baby 2 came...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kristi! Thanks for that post! I didn't go to the RS broadcast but just watching that clip tells me that I need to listen to that whole talk. By the way, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post Kristi and just to let you know we love having you guys here and can't wait to get to know you even better.

    ReplyDelete