Saturday, August 6, 2011

Count Your Blessings



So this morning I found out some sad news.  It really made me stop and take some time to be grateful for everything I have.  I have been kind of bummed out the last few days thinking of all the "things" that I need for the house still.  But once I heard about my friend all of that just didn't seem important.  Their situation has been on my mind all day and I just can't help but say a prayer on their behalf and then thank the Lord for all that he has blessed me with.  I started making a list in my head of all the things I'm grateful for and thought maybe I would share a few of them with you.
1. My husband ~ He has truly allowed love into my life and I would be lost without him.
2. Maitland ~ My sweet precious bubbly little boy.  He tries my patience and sometimes I think I'm going crazy but one lopsided grin and my whole day is better.  
3. My Mom ~ the most amazing woman I know.  I try everyday to be as good a mother as she is and fall short constantly.  
4. My knowledge and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ ~ I am forever grateful to my Mom for her unwavering example.  I know that my Redeemer lives and that He knows all of our pains and sorrows and can uplift and remove these burdens from us.  He has made it possible for me to return to live with Him again.
5. My friends ~ I have some of the most amazing people who allow me to call them friend (Amanda, Toones, Whit, Mandy S., Tonya, Ora and Kate to name a few).  I am overwhelmed by the love, support, advice and hugs that I have received from these people.  I miss them dearly and wish that our circumstances allowed for more time together.  I have also been pleasantly surprised to find such quick friends here in Lloydminster and count that as a blessing all on it's own.
6. My Family ~ I cannot even put it into words how much I love and appreciate the members of my family.  I will admit that at times they drive me bonkers (as I am sure I do to them! hehe) but I know that if we ever need anything they are there for us.

I found this great poster thing on facebook and it pretty much sums up a large chunk of other blessings that I have. 


That should about do it for today.  Perhaps I will post another list some other time.  For now I'll just say that I have counted my many blessings and named them one by one and I have recognized the glorious abundance the Lord has provided for Matt and I. 
 


2 comments: