So...one of my new friends up here in Lloyd was telling me about how she used her blog as a family journal and at the end of the year she gets all of the posts published in a book to have as a keepsake and record of all the things that happened over the past year. I liked this idea. So I am going to give this whole blog thing a go. I have no idea if I will be good at it but it never hurts to try!
Family update: Matt, Maitland and I moved to Kitscoty Alberta in May of this year. Matt got a job working in the oil fields for Weatherford. He generally heads to work at about 5 or 5:30 in the morning and gets home between 6 and 7 in the evening. This doesn't leave much time for us to be together as a family but I love being able to see him everyday and Maitland gets time to hang with Dad a little too before bed. I have been doing a lot of sewing since we moved because I haven't really met too many friends that are home during the day. So poor Maitland gets to come to all the fabric stores I can find in the area. I hope that in the fall we will be able to get into a Mom and Tots group so that we get out a little more. I was also called into the Young Women's presidency in our Branch so that will take up quite a bit of time with all of the activities and lessons I'll need to prepare. I'm not sure how I feel about it quite yet but am grateful that I dodged the primary to be honest. Maitland is growing like a weed and is up over 22lbs now. He is such a happy little guy and loves to giggle and jibber jabber. He's become so much more alert and is starting to play which is a lot of fun. We are still working on rolling over...he gets half way there and can't quite make it to his stomach. I am trying to catch it on video so if and when it does happen I will try and post it.
Anyways that's it for now. I'll try and post again after the weekend. I not only have to teach YW's but speak in Sacrament Meeting too. Fun fun!!
yay a blog I am so excited to read it and a little proud that I helped with the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blog world :) When we get back from our trip we can have playdates! Check out the Midwest Family Connections in Lloyd for mom and kid groups. There is a group called baby's first where I met a great group of friends. Only runs during school year and until your baby is one. There is also a group called MOPS mothers of preschoolers that I attend through the school year. there is a fee for this one but I think it was only 25$ last year. They provide childcare while the Mom's have an information session on diff topics and visit and have snacks. Sign up is in September. I can let you know. The other group is just drop in.
ReplyDelete